About the Department:
- Chemistry Department was established in the year 1998.
The department offers undergraduate course B.Sc chemistry (Mi.Bi.C)
- Smt.A.Kamala sponsors Gold Medal to the topper in Chemistry.
- Department sponsors cash incentives to the toppers.
- Every year department conducts educational field trip, extension lectures, student seminars, student projects, interaction with school children, participation in competitions; etc. which enhances student knowledge and builds student personality.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- The Chemistry Department prepares students for a diverse and changing world. We strive to contribute to a chemically literate society through teaching.
- The Chemistry Department provides standards for content knowledge, communication skills, research quality, and professional behaviour. We are committed to demonstrating science as a human endeavour and as a way to understand the natural world.
- We value access to a quality education in chemistry for a diverse range of students.
- We value rigorous standards for teaching and learning.
- We value effective and innovative teaching practices.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Department sponsored Gold Medal to the topper in Chemistry Kum. Farheen Fathima in the year 2013-14.
- Laboratories: Well equipped laboratories are available for conducting physical, qualitative and quantitative experiments. All laboratories have necessary equipments, chemicals, safety measures and laboratory assistants.
- Digital classroom is available for seminars and power point presentations.
- Internet facility is available for students in the department.
- Department library with 100 Books
L.Sasikala, M.Sc, M.Ed.
Lecturer in Chemistry
|Designation||Lecturer in Chemistry|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc, M.Ed.|
|Teaching Experience||21 years|
|Date of entry into service||17-06-1995|
|Date of entry into the institution||26-11-2010|
|Papers Handled (2010-17):||Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper-IV.|
|Area of Specialization||Medicinal Chemistry|
|OC’s & RC’s attended||2 RC’s|
|Research experience||Completed one minor research project with UGC sponsorship|
|Seminars/Workshops Conducted /Attended (2010-17)||Conducted two Seminars
|Details of administrative position currently held (2015-17):||
|Designation||Assistant professor in Chemistry|
|Teaching Experience||5 years|
|Date of entry into service||14-09-2012|
|Date of entry into the institution||31-07-2016|
|Papers Handled (2016-17):||Paper-II, Paper-IV.|
|Area of Specialization||Chemical Sciences|
|OC’s & RC’s attended||1 OC (19-01-2017 to 16-02-2017) Osmania University.|
|Seminars/Workshops Conducted /Attended (2016-17)||
|Details of administrative position currently held (2016-17)||
Activities of the department 2013-14:
1.Organised 2 day workshop on “National Robotics champion ship-2014” under DRC activity on 15/11/2013 & 16/11/2013.
- Organised seminars using digital media on 25-7-2013
By Zeenath yasmeen of B.sc 1st year on PHOTOELECTRIC EFFECT & COMPTON EFFECT
3. Organised extension lecture on 2/1/2014 by Dr. SHUKLA, Lec. in chemistry, BJR college. Topic “-EASY CHEMISTRY”.
4.Organised Field Trip -theme “Application of chemistry in food industry and House cleaning industry”.Visited two companies on 09/01/2014 (1) “PARLE FOOD PRODUCTS”
(2)”NATH PETERS HYGIENE LIMITED”
5.ORGANISED chemistry lab open day on 28/1/2014 – and Invited 9th, 10th, class students of Govt. girls high school.
Activities done by B.Sc. I,II,III year students are(1)power point presentation by students.
Topics- 1.Introduction to chemistry.
2. Application of chemistry
3. Fun chemistry.
4. House hold useful and harmful chemistry.
Lab visit: B.Sc. students explained and demonstrated in total 15 different practicals & explained about lab apparatus to school children.
Activities of the department 2014-15:
- Organised Field Trip -theme “Intercollegiate Chemistry Exhibition Visit”and Visited Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women”s College on 30/12/2014 .
- Organised extension lecture on 08/1/2015 by K.ESHWARI , Lecturer In chemistry, S.N.Vanitha Mahavidhyalaya, Exhibition Ground. Topic “MOLECULAR SYMMETRY”.
- SEMINARS & POWERPOINT PRESENTATION BY STUDENTS
19-01-2015 — APARNA JYOTHSNA
B.Sc. III year —DRUGS
5-1-2015 —-RUHEENA ANJUM
B.Sc II year—– RAOULT’S LAW
- Conducted Quiz competition on 06-10-2014 among B.Sc I,II,III YEAR stucents.
Activities of the department 2015-16:
- Organised Seminar on “MADAME MARIE CURIE –LIFE & INVENTIONS” on birth anniversary celebrations of Madame Marie curie on 06/07/2015.
- Organised Extension lecture -Topic “Chemical Kinetics” On 21/08/2015 by Smt.A.Surya Kumari , Lecturer in Chemistry, Govt Degree college,Medak.
- Field trip to Annapurna Bio-Ved pvt Ltd, Injapur on 19th Jan 2016.
- Oragnised Seminar on Women role in development of science on 28th Jan 2016. By Dr.Ramesh president of J.V.V.
- Quiz competition on Feb 17th 2016.
Activities of the department 2016-17:
- On 27-10-216 extension lecture was given by Mr. M.Sharath babu on the topic “ELECTRO CHEMISTRY”.
- On 08-12-2016 & 09-12-2016 BSc 2nd year students participated in one minute experiment and power point presentation conducted by Keshav memorial Institute of commerce and Sciences in connection with Science Fest and M.Veena & Sheema Naseer secured 2nd prize in power point presentation.
- On 10-02-2017 BSc 1st year students participated in the training programme conducted by planetary society regarding “ISRO- LAUNCH OF PSLV C-37 MISSION (104 SATELITES)”
On 15-02-2017 BSc 1st year students visited 12 different schools to bring awareness about PSLV C-37 MISSION and ISRO projects.
- On 16-02-2017 BSc 1st year students Pavani & Mahima participated in the live programme “TOP DEBATE” in CVR news channel on PSLV C-37 MISSION.
- On 28-02-2017 Science department celebrated “NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY”.
- Poster presentation by students in the month of August 2016.
- Smt.L.Sasikala participated in ROUND TABLE MEET- New Education Policy, 2016 & It’s Implementations . Organised by All India Save Education Committee on 16th july 2016.
- BSc (Mi.Bi.C) final year students have done their study project “CHEMISTRY INVESTIGATORY PROJECT OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF COLD DRINKS AVAILABLE IN MARKET”
- Department given cash incentives to B.Sc 1st year topper vani and 2nd year topper G.Anusha on 05-11-2016.
- Science students conducted Exhibition sale at City College on 18th Feb 2017.
- On 16-12-2016 & 17-12-2016 students of BSc 2nd year and 3rd year participated in the training programme on “Communication Skills” conducted by Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology.